Discover Our Free Online Events for Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Are you ready to celebrate Cybersecurity Awareness Month?
We are, and that means that the SDSU Global Campus Cybersecurity Bootcamp has organized a roster of free, online events to get you excited about cybersecurity and amplify the importance of this skyrocketing field in keeping our digital worlds secure from hackers.
We are offering panels and workshops on a wide range of introductory-level cybersecurity topics:
- Expert instructors will go over essential cybersecurity tips.
- Hiring managers will give crucial advice for entry-level cybersecurity applicants.
- Cybersec leaders will dive into techniques to keep your WFH and remote teams safe.
Sign up for our 100% online, 100% free events below before we max out our participants’ quota.
The Evolution of Cybersecurity
| On-demand Panel
There’s so much to learn about cybersecurity and the evolving world of online threats! Come join our experts for this 1-hour virtual event and stay up-to-date with the latest in cybersecurity.
- Today’s cybersecurity threat landscape
- What COVID-19 has changed (and what it hasn’t)
- What it takes to thrive and succeed in cybersecurity
- Industry-wide job demand
Identify and Avoid Phishing Scams
| On-demand Workshop
Phishing scams are on the rise! If you want to learn how to protect your sensitive personal data from online scammers, this is the event for you. Our cybersecurity expert, Romeo Gardner, will guide you through a free, hands-on workshop and discuss:
- What Phishing and CatPhishing attacks are
- What Wireless and Evil Twin attacks are
- How to protect your sensitive information
- Alternatives to public WIFI networks
Cybersecurity for WFH and Remote Teams
| October 28th
The sudden shift to remote work made companies and employees more vulnerable to cyberattacks than ever before. Whether you started working from home during the pandemic, or are a business owner with a newly remote-first workforce—this event is for you.
Topics will include:
- Safety tips for WFH employees
- Training employees to prevent data breach attempts
- Hardening remote systems against cyberattacks
- How you can break into the cybersecurity industry
You might be wondering why we are doing this. Well, offering virtual cybersecurity events is part of our mission to educate the future workforce.
Every month, we announce new events that help novices understand if the cybersecurity industry is the right choice for them, and guide people in building foundational security skills they can use in their everyday lives.
So if you liked the lineup above, you might want to sign up for our On-Demand Webinar Channel. Doing so allows you to access our past cybersecurity events.
By providing learners with in-demand cybersecurity skills, knowledge, and connections, the SDSU Global Campus Cybersecurity Bootcamp prepares people from tech and non-tech backgrounds to jumpstart their cybersecurity careers. So if you are looking for an online program that can take you from novice to cybersecurity professional in just 10 months, please reach out to our admissions team.